He’s coming!


As a young boy we often went to visit our grandparents every summer in Mexico. It was always an exciting time. Then one year we were told that they were coming to visit us! I couldn’t hardly wait. They didn’t own a car so they were coming on the bus. We lived only one block away from the bus station. The way our house was positioned we could look out our front bay window on the second floor and actually see people getting off the buses as they arrived.


It was nearly impossible to contain my excitement. In the day of their arrival I borrowed my dads binoculars and sat impatiently at the window watching every bus as they pulled in to see who would get off. I can still feel the anticipation as I recall this sweet memory. A bus would pull in and I would grab my binoculars and scan every passenger getting off. I wanted to be the first to announce their arrival.


Finally after waiting what seemed like hours I saw an elderly couple get off the bus. Still I wasn’t sure it was them until they unloaded their baggage. That old large faded blue luggage with a rope tied around it and that bulging mesh looking bag I knew so well sent chills and shrieks of joy and shouts rang out, “They’re here! They’re here!” I ran to tell everyone and then ran as fast as I could to the bus station to hug and kiss and welcome my grandparents! I loved them so much and it was such a memorable time while they were with us in our home! 


One day my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will return as he promised. I can’t hardly wait. I see signs of his coming all around me. I’m getting out my spiritual binoculars and looking for his appearing. He is coming soon and the anticipation is growing each day because it’s one day closer. I can only imagine the reunion! Squeals of unbounded joy and delight will surely fill the skies when he comes. Come quickly, Lord Jesus. We’ve made such a mess of things and we need you so badly. So many hurting people. We’re doing our very best to love and minister in your name while we wait with great expectation. Come quickly, Lord Jesus!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog