Family.


I belong to several very exclusive clubs. I can get deals, specials, low financing, easy payments and of course exclusive invitations to very select events tailored to my needs. At least that is what I’m told in all the “exclusive “ emails I get. I am basically part of their family and to prove it they give me the friends and family discount. One club is so exclusive that I have to show proof of my belonging before they let me in to view their top secret, exclusive, special items that only I and other members can purchase for my enjoyment. At least they don’t ask for the secret handshake!


Truth is we like belonging to exclusive organizations. It makes us feel important and special along with the other tens of thousands who are also members. We walk down the aisles and with a smug look on our faces we give an ever so subtle nod to other cars carrying members in the club. We’re special and we know it. 


There is however one group so exclusive that you must be born into it to be a part of that family. The amazing thing about it is that you can choose to be born into it. That’s right! No matter how old you are you can make a decision to become part of this amazing family. A real place to belong. 


When we make a decision to admit our sinfulness to God and decide that we need forgiveness he stands ready to transform us into his family. In fact he gives us the right to become his children! We now belong to his family with its attending rights and privileges. No ID necessary because he knows me by name. We are family. We belong to each other. There is no greater sense of security than to know we have been accepted by Him. Have you been born again? 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog