Hide-n-seek is an all time favorite children’s game. My grandson Eli just learned it but all he does is close his eyes while we say, “I wonder where Eli is?”  He then pops open his eyes and laughs. He hasn’t figured out the go and hide part yet. He enjoys it regardless. In his mind we can’t see him because he can’t see us with his eyes closed.

     I often think that grown ups act that same way with God. They think that just because we can’t physically see him then he can’t see us. God sees all and he doesn’t hide himself from us. He is easy to find. All we have to do is come out of our hiding places and he’s right there to welcome us. He is our ever present help in times of trouble. He is my healer and great physician when I am sick. He is my deliverer when I am held captive by sin.

     He is my source of wisdom when surrounded by confusion. He is my savior when I feel lost and afraid. He is my source of strength when I feel like I can’t go on. He is only a breath away. Seek his strength for whatever you may be facing today. Sometimes all it requires is for us to open up our spiritual eyes to see him all around us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog