I love Hawaiian shirts! I have quite a few. They make me feel like I’m on vacation all the time. I’ve been to Hawaii and whenever I wear a Hawaiian shirt it brings back those wonderful memories of being calm and at ease.

    I think most of us have certain favorite articles of clothing. We also have clothes for different activities. We have clothes for painting, working on the car, carpentry work, office attire, and of course vacation clothes. It’s strange how certain clothing affects us.

    It often determines our mood, our attitudes, even our thinking. As Christ followers we are encouraged to “dress” appropriately. First we take off the old things, like lying, stealing, cheating, foul language, and stinking thinking. Then we put on the new clothing of the Spirit, like kindness, compassion, humility, gentleness, patience, forgiveness, etc.

    How you decide to dress today will affect your whole mood. How you dress will also have an effect on everyone you interact with, your spouse, your kids, your friends, and even strangers. I’ve decided to put on love today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog