Childhood memories are the reason many people have trust issues. I still remember my brothers pranking the neighbor kid to stand under a bucket which they told him was full of candy and to pull the rope. It took some convincing but he did it. When he pulled the rope he was drenched in water and ran crying to his momma. My brothers and I by association all ran laughing and finding a good place to hide from the trouble that was sure to come and definitely worth it. Poor kid probably has trust issues to this day. Kids are so gullible.

     Well it turns out some people seem to remain gullible as they grow older. You know who they are. They are the ones who forward those stupid chain letters and now email or messages on social media to ten people so they can be blessed. They pass along pictures of stacks of money thinking somehow that by doing that they will magically have money come to them. They’re better off standing under a bucket and pulling the rope. That way at least they get soaked!

     Used and new car dealers, insurance sales reps, the door to door salesmen, multilevel marketing people all get a bad rap. Turns out there is also a whole industry built around canceling your time share condos too! Add in a good sprinkling of preachers, priests, religious charlatans and it’s quite understandable why we have such a difficult time trusting anyone. It’s any wonder we have trust issues.

     Here’s the good news. There is one I can trust with my whole life. It is the one who loves me unconditionally. He promises never to abandon me. He says he will walk by my side in all of life’s struggles. I can tell him all of my troubles, my triumphs, my defeats and my victories. He understands me. He is trustworthy, stable, and dependable. He is forgiving and merciful. He alone is my rock. People will almost always let you down. He never will. His name is Jesus Christ. No bait and switch tactics with him. He will deliver on what he promises. Trust me. Better yet, trust him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog