What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail? What would you request if you knew it would be given? I remember reading this verse when I was a teenager. I prayed for the right girl to come along. I prayed for a wonderful family that would all love and serve the Lord. I prayed for financial success. Probably for a new car.

    Most of my prayers were very self-centered. My prayer requests were totally different than what they are now as a man of 60 who will be celebrating 41 years of marital bliss and now an empty-nester after 5 kids! He gave me everything I asked for as a young man and much more.

    Our perspectives change as we grow older. We learn valuable lessons along the way. We discover what really matters in life. Some unfortunately don’t realize it until it’s too late to do anything about it. Jesus is really challenging his followers to discover what is truly in their hearts. Your prayer requests say a lot about you and what your priorities are.

    My prayers have evolved and I now pray much more for others. I pray for healing, prosperity, mended relationships, success for those around me. I pray for people I know and people I don’t. Right now I’m also praying for a miracle of provision for our church family. I know he hears me when I pray because he says he does. I know he loves me because he says he does. I know he will grant me the desires of my heart because he says he will. I know that whatever I ask for that is in line with his good will for me and those around me if I believe I will receive.

    My daily prayer is no longer for me to be blessed but rather to be a blessing to others. Pray bold prayers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog